Full-Stack Software Engineer
- email: email@example.com
- github: http://github.com/brianboyko
- linkedin: http://linkedin.com/in/brianboyko
- Experienced: Angular, Express, D3, OAuth/Passport, Websockets, Bundlers/Webpack et. al., Iconic, Cordova, Gulp/Grunt, Atlassian/Jira, BASH Scripting, Python 3, Java 8
Cycorp - Full Stack Engineer
12/2015 - 6/2016
- Add features to React-based interface to be used in 3D edutainment game “MathCraft,” (via Coherent UI for Unity)
- Proposed, architected, and solely developed refactor of MathCraft interface which has enabled the following:
- Reduced avg. time to fix bugs from days to hours with “instant replay” function replicating user experience.
- Bug reporting, either on demand (one-click) or on failure, which creates a Jira issue & logs debug data to MongoDB.
- Created tool for debugging developers to replay the application state exactly as the user experienced it.
- Front-end issues can be linked to back-end issues via unique hash marker that is searchable in Mongo, Jira, and Splunk.
- Created custom reusable compartmentalized code and components for use in other Cycorp programs.
- Used Material-UI (and it’s library of reusable React Components) to design the UI/UX.
- Demo video via YouTube
Mayday PAC - Co-Creator/DevTeam Leader
4/2014 - 9/2014
- Mayday PAC raised $250k in 24 hrs, and $11M in 3 mo. -- (The largest crowdfunded non-profit endeavor to date.)
- Led team of volunteers in refactoring to handle unanticipated demand, eliminating outages.
DigiQuiz - 2015 - Product Owner & Full-Stack Engineer
(Academic - with Peter Do & Juan Sierra)
- Mission: Create SaaS edutainment app for classrooms where students interact live (“buzz-in”) via mobile devices/laptops.
- Features: Simultaneous game sessions, store and retrieve custom game questions, track student progress, & jService.io integration.
Stacks On Stacks - 2015
- "Speaker" - Modify fixed-schema DB to allow for custom feedback & D3 visualization.
- "AmiGo" - Design MySQL DB schema, models & controllers w/ routing, and create dashboard for front-end integration tests.
Solo 36 hr. challenge - 2015
- Trivia MVP - Read trivia data from file, real-time communication w/Socket.io, enable multiple devices.
Prior Career (2006 - 2014):
Marketing Communications / Technical Writing / Marketing Video Production
- Companies/Clients: CacheIQ, SilverStripe, NetQos, ScienceLogic, Packet Design, Paessler AG, LifeSize, et. al. (more details on req.)
- MakerSquare - Advanced Software Engineering Immersive, Cohort #21, 2015
- University of Texas - M.A. Journalism (Fellowship Recipient), 2005
- NJIT and Rutgers University (Jointly Conferred) - B.A. History, 2003
- Created a 23 minute animated UI analysis of Windows 8. So far, 600k+ people have viewed it.
- Researched and wrote book on comparative democracy by living in New Zealand and studying NZ Parliament.
- Helped get victim of malware, a teacher wrongly convicted of child endangerment, a new trial, through corporate blogging.